Unity is a positive path for spiritual living.
We honor all paths to God.
Unity Is . . .
Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Unity is an open-minded, accepting spiritual community that honors all paths to God and helps people discover and live their spiritual potential and purpose.
Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and other spiritual masters. Our philosophy is spiritual, not religious; love-based not fear-based. Unity emphasizes the practical, everyday application of spiritual principles to help people live more abundant, healthy, and meaningful lives.
Although personal and spiritual growth comes from within, Unity of Evansville believes in the power of community. We strive to provide opportunities for learning, friendship, support, and connection to others as well as make a positive difference in the world.
The Unity movement also provides free 24/7 prayer support (called Silent Unity); publishes books, magazines (including Daily Word) and CDs.
Unity sponsors full-service websites:
Unity broadcasts a free 24/7 online radio network:
Practical Teachings: The Five Basic Principles of Unity
We encourage you to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation. The five basic principles that make up the Unity belief system are:
1. God is: There is only One Power and Presence active in the Universe and our lives, called by many names, including God.
2. I Am: We are individualized expressions of this Presence; our divine potential and spiritual essence are called the Christ.
3. We Co-Create: We create our reality through the thoughts we hold in consciousness. These thoughts are of the highest quality when we consciously connect to Divine mind.
4. We pray: Prayer and meditation are the spiritual tools we use to become aware of our oneness with the Power of Pure Beingness.
5. We Live It: We must put spiritual truth into practice in order to change our lives.